Saturday, November 8, 2008

September by Rosamunde Pilcher


I managed to get myself feel kinda depressed tonite on a Saturday evening. My two sons had knocked off early around 8:30pm right after dinner. Danish had a fever which was passed by his younger brother Danial - who had it earlier and was off from kindergarden on Thursday and Friday. Hub is currently in Philippines and will only be back tomorrow night.
I dont feel like surfing the internet nor the TV channels. I cant force myself to sleep since I just had a mug of coffee so I do what I do best - read. And managed to finish the last few chapters of 'September'.
This is the type of book which you take to your favourite coffee outlet or any of your favourite place to unwind (preferably somewhere cold and comfy), tuck your feet under you and enjoy the book. Lovely.
At first I was quite lost since there were many characters in it, but you soon get used to them and their contribution to the story plot. The book let me unwind and best of all I can clearly picture the majestic, cold, beautiful land of Scotland in its passage.
There was a paragraph/poem in the book which made me think about my recently departed brother in law (exactly 1 week ago), but I think I will share this in the next post. Peace to all.

No comments: