Monday, January 4, 2010

Dancing in My Nuddy-Pants by Louise Rennison

When do I ever learn? Why dont I just get it that I just can't stand reading chic -flick paperbacks? But noooo ... I have to ignore my instinct and chose the said book to read.
Alas, I was left dumbfounded. It as if I'm reading a book written in some foreign language or make that for people who understand aliens (as in outer space) language?? Or is this merely teenage terms=language? Whatever it is, I felt ... retarded LOL (just by reading it).

Immediately on page 1, I found this 'she who laughs last, laughs the laughingest' -huh???
Just to give you examples few of many, many phrases/words used in this book.
Basooma aka nungas-nungas = breast
Muncho excitemondo - okay I get it, much excited
Nimcompoop - this I actually know, phew.
Snog = kiss
And the winner is 'never put off until tomorrow what you can avoid altogether'.
I rest my case.




No comments: