Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cuban Heels by Emily Barr


I read this book so soon after I was badly scarred by the previous book. Hoping to heal the wound but needless to say the wound is too deep or maybe this book was not strong enough.
It's single, white female type of story. You know, the kind that stole other's identity (even spouse) etc but chic...ly done. But my interest was not there. I didnt even take down any note which at one point made me feel guilty. Like punishing this book for mistake done by other book and not giving it a fair chance. But it's too late now to undo any of it.
Again like the previous book I struggled to finish this but thanks to a short weekend getaway to Penang, I finally able speed up my reading and the few final chapters were finished below a shady canopy overlooking the pool at Bayview Hotel, Penang.

1 comment:

Trotter said...

Hi Leo! OK, it seems things are improving... ;)

After four posts, Blogtrotter Two is leaving Algiers 2009... Enjoy and have a great week ahead!