Monday, February 23, 2009

Because its written - Slumdog Millionaire

I watched the movie last night. It is good. I emphatized on what the local riot is all about when it comes to the said movie. Nobody wants their country to be potrayed as such but I didnt look at the movie that way. The whole thing can be an utter fiction. No such TV show called 'Who wants to be a millionaire', no slum exist, no religion tension, no biggest call center still it cannot hide the movie's charm. It had a way to portray harsh, difficult, cruel, lifes of two orphanage siblings into something charming, sweet, moving and worthwhile to watch. Remind me of this book I read called 'Angela Ashes' whereby I cried and laughed so hard at the same time. And charming as it is, it kept you at the edge of your seat till the end. That's how clever Danny Boyle is. I am happy that the two child actors picked/chosen by Danny from the locals 'reportedly from the slum' will be able to experience their first aeroplane flight to the Academy no less.



I did watch Curious Case of Benjamin Button too, a few weeks ago. I liked it as well. These two movies are up against each other in the Academy Awards for best movie. Nevertheless, I'm hoping for SM to win. If it wins, maybe because it's destiny.
(a line from the movie ^_^)

1 comment:

Kerry Droll said...

I saw the movie Angela's Ashes and it was FANTASTIC!! I thought it deserved the Acadamy but that's the year American Beauty won. I still haven't seen the others you've mentioned - I'll have to do that. Hope all is well!