Monday, June 14, 2010

The Day Diana Died by Christopher P. Andersen

It was 11:57pm on Apr 14 and I heard Candle in the Wind by Sir Elton John on the radio. My thoughts automatically went to Princess Diana and a book which I happened to have but never read. So I went to rummage by precious book cupboard and found it. That's how I ended up reading the book.

I remembered the fateful night when I first heard the news. I was attending a farewell dinner for my unit's supervisor. It was just so surreal. I for one didnt want the news to be real. It completely changed the mood of the party I was attending.

I was in my teens when Diana became famous. Almost every girl in my circle of friends wanted to be her. Well at least, to have the same haircut as her. I did, for several years ^_^

Some of the information in the book were quite shocking and rather sad but was quite an eye opener for me. All I can say is 'gone too soon'. As a mother, I wished she had the chance to see her sons grew up.

1 comment:

Kerry Droll said...

I was at a bridal shower when I found out! She was the classiest woman, faults and all, who ever lived in my opinion. Definitely gone too soon!