Sunday, June 10, 2007

Bangkok Experience (Part1)

It has been 4 days since we got back fr Bangkok last Tuesday. Been busy catching up with work and home. Although’ I slept early and woke up late almost 3days in a row since it is still school holiday (so no need to send Danial to school) but I still feel as if I’m lacking of sleep and tired. That’s the thing about holiday; you need another holiday just to recuperate from your holiday.

Bangkok had been wonderful. Apart from my Rain experience (which I’m sharing in another blog), shopping is a great therapy too especially when there are so many bargains to choose from. Not that I shop a lot but I’m so please that I bought a number of things which I really like without costing a bomb.

Let me see, what did I purchase…again apart from Rain stuffs which mainly were bought at the concert venue, I bought 2 knee length army pants. The reason for two bcos the first one which was bought at Chat Tu Chak market doesn’t fit me. It reaches my bum and not my waist and it neither can be button nor zip and NO I'm not fat but the pants was just small. There was no way of trying it on at the market and its quite a challenge to take leisurely time to purchase stuffs when your kids are constantly complaining about the hot weather and how thirsty they were but refused the mineral water which I painstakingly carried in my knapsack. What they want instead was the soda drinks which were sold everywhere at the market. The many popsicles ice creams looked deliciously cooling in the hot sun but I dare not buy it for the kids fearing the hygienic level of water being used. I cannot take the risk bcos it will be difficult if the kids fall sick during the trip (like what happen to Danial during our Bandung trip).

The kids had fun at the pet section of the market. The puppies were adorable and there were all kinds of lizards/chameleons/snakes to see.


Bought coconut scented candles as souvenirs for the girls back at the office and some peach fragrant assortment meant for the bathrooms. We had sea food tom yam and pineapple fried rice for lunch at one of the small but beautifully decorated restaurants in Chat Tu Chak. After several repetition of no chicken for the pineapple fried rice to the waiter whom nodded his head several times indicating that he fully understood, our tasty order arrived still with chicken in it which I have to scoop out. Danish whom already understood the concept of halal food was quite worried initially, afraid that he will accidentally bit into the bits of chicken but after a few minutes of reassuring, hunger finally sets in and he wallop the whole plate minus the chicken of cos’.




Initially the plan was to hit centre of town to look for halal food but everybody was hit by hunger pang hence the haste decision to have lunch there. After 2 pairs of army shorts for the kids, 3 leather belts and 1 pair of Spiderman walkie talkie toy later we took the taxi to the center of town.

After Siam Centre, Siam Paragon and back to Siam Center again, we stopped for ice cream at Swensen. Surprisingly the bill was cheap. What usually cost us about RM40 above in KL cost halves in Bangkok, about 210 baht. The shops at MBK were more interesting. They are the versions of shops in Sg Wang or Berjaya Times Square. Cheap, variety and definitely not real. Didn’t buy anything from there althou when I returned to the hotel, I wished I have bought the 199baht handbags. They were quite nice actually with plenty of design to choose from. Before headed back to the hotel, did some grocery shopping at the supermarket. Bought tuna, bread, sardine, soda, yogurt drinks wt Rain face on it (happy me). But the best were the local fruits. 1 kilo plus of mangosteen for mere 47.5baht and fresh lychee's for 51.0baht, converted become RM10 for both items (heaven).

Like the previous nite, the boys slept in the bedroom in 2 single beds while Angah and me shared the big sofa bed at the living room. Tried to read the novel which I brought along but I only lasted a few pages. Too tired and my feet were aching.

End of day 2. To be continued.

No comments: