Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend getaway (part 1)


The whole family went for a short weekend break. It is a start of 1 week school break and Angah’s company organized an automobile club gathering cum family gathering for its members. So we tagged along. The place is at Berjaya Hills Resort in Bukit Tinggi. It’s a French theme resort. So the buildings/hotels are made to imitate ones in France. Since the resort is up on a hill, so the weather is quite cooling.



The whole place was like a picture from a postcard. It's like a big play house.

The thing I like very much was the Japanese garden and tea house. We didn’t witness the tea ceremony but the garden was beautiful. The atmosphere was so serene and tranquil. Make me want to visit a real Japanese garden, more than ever (I'm highlighting this in a different entry).

Our hotel room was not the grandest but it was comfortable enough for the 4 of us.
We added an extra bed. The room faces the forest, so it was kinda refreshing.


After the club’s dinner and entertainment, we sent the kids back to the hotel room. Danial was fast asleep even before the function’s ended. So my husband had to carry him. Luckily the hotels are located near to each other. Danish my eldest insisted to play the PS2 he brought along. We allowed him. Both Angah and I joined his boss and his family plus another friend and his son for coffee. When the café closed at 1100pm, we resumed to another coffee house for late supper. We even had the singing quartet singing at out table at the stroke of midnight!!

My face hurt from laughing too much while my stomach hurt from eating too much. I had to constantly remind myself not indulge too much on the cakes, fried rice, fired noodles, burgers, pizza or suffer the consequences the next day (recently I noticed that I can get gastritis/similar symptoms from overeating). We stayed talking and laughing, I think till about 0100am.

We bid everyone good night when the wind becomes chillier. Some of us have to attend a club’s meeting as early as 0900hr the next day. Luckily it wasn’t me.

No comments: