Monday, October 13, 2008

Abby and her Sisters by Melanie Bellah

This is memoir of a mother about her daughters. She lost not one but two daughters!! In a span of three years. She lost her eldest thru suicide and her third daughter Abby (title of the book)thru auto mobile accident.
The book is a collection of her daughter's Abby journal. It's about how she endure the demise of her eldest sister Tammy and her daily thoughts about life, family, friends, boys and school. Her journal called Magi (Japanese name) reminded me of mine when I was at her age. Mine is called Cassandra after a spider with the same name in a book I read.
Other than that similarity I dont enjoy the book more mainly bcos of its ... font. Whenever the passage switch from the narrator (whom is the mother) to the journal it changed into this awful, boring, serious, whatever font. To make matter worst, the transition is not smooth so I sometime got lost bcos I'm not quite sure who said what was it the mother or Abby.
It took quite some time for me to finish the book, even my hubs notice. He would go like 'still on the same book? must be not interesting'
But I finished it. So on to the next book.

No comments: