Saturday, October 6, 2007

Kissing the ogre


I have this book in my car since the beginning of time… (that’s just to emphasize how long it had stayed in my car). And I only managed to finish it last Thursday. The reason why it was placed in the car was because I only read it when I have to wait for my son at his tuition / kumon centre. Since he has a mobile phone, that task some time doesn’t happen bcos I will pick him up when he called.

Back to the book. It’s not that thick, just halves from most of the book I’ve usually read. In my opinion, there’s nothing significant about it (maybe that’s why I didn’t even have the initiative to finish it early, just ‘as and when’ I have the time) except for the title. The frog here literally means well…man (that kind of man).

So what I’ve learn from the fiction book? Kissing the frog means … just that. You are kissing a frog!!! It won’t turn or change him into a prince or a knight in shining amour. Worse, he may even turn into a toad!

Hmm…‘sigh’ even in fiction, magic doesn’t happen anymore. But for the sake of romanticism, I will still believe in well … maybe not in frogs but how about an ogre? An ugly, scary, mean looking but with a good, good heart like Shrek? Ha! Ha!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

toad and ogre? lololol
this is hilarious, leo-chan!!
im still waiting for a knight in shining amourrrrr....

leo said...

niki- a spirited girl like you? im sure the knight is hiding somewhere. maybe the armour is not shining enough so you need to open your heart wide to see him ;-)

Anonymous said...

awww thanks for ur spiritual words! lol