Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008 begins


Today is already the 10th day of January. How time flies! I was in 2 days training in Port Dickson. This is the first time I ever drove all the way out station on my own!! This is the last module of the 3 parts training sessions and to end it we must come out with a proposal which will be presented to the senior management. Bummer!! My 2nd save/reduce cost assignment is still pending and now this...I keep telling myself, don't procrastinate - do it now! do it now! But at the end, I stayed up till 4am in the morning to get it 95% done and the next day drove all the way to PD at 0730am. Crazy or what!
Training was fun but tiring. All of us had so much work to do in the office before the next financial year starts in Feb, so it took the trainer all he had to shift our mind back to the training. That night we were shown a 40 min video called Everest and to my horror, I cannot stopped my tears. Luckily it was dark and I kept stuffing tissue to my face.
I had the room to myself. Had an early night. Not sure what time I fell asleep, bcos went I woke up, the TV was still tune to National Geographic channel and all the lights were on and I had Steve Barry book on my face. To make matter worse, it was only 0053hr. I'm not use to sleeping in a hotel room on my own. Luckily I managed to fall back asleep again. I heard the next day that the guys were out at the hotel pub till 0200am. No wonder us girls don't see them during breakfast!! It was too early for them.
It was pouring hard when I drove back to KL. I made it safely. My 2 boys were jumping up and down when they saw me. They so not use to having their mom going somewhere far for work. And I'm glad to be home.

2 comments:

GMG said...

Nice slide show! It seems that some adventure is coming into your life... ;) Glad to see that you're back safe and sound!
Enjoy your weekend!

leo said...

gil- the 100km driving - yes an adventure, but being cooped up in a training room for 2 days, definitely a no-no. i didnt even get to walk the beach :( but i enjoy the company of old new friends! u hv a good weekend too.