Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Holy-Holi day

as shown in Star230108; cartoon/pic by reggie lee

It suppose to be a working day today for us in the Federal Territory but as declared on Monday, we too get a public holiday on Thaipusam Day!

That's the beauty of living in a multiracial country. I think the picture above says it all. The happiest person who lauded our PM's decision is a Chinese guy whose most probably like the rest of us who doesn't celebrate the festival but rejoice nonetheless! Anything to stay one day away from the office, yippee!!

I'm expecting laddu or other sweet delicacy from my friends tomorrow when I return to the office. Mind you, I already received two container of Chinese New Year biscuits. Oh the joy of festivals!! Happy Thaipusam and Holiday everybody!

No comments: