Sunday, March 9, 2008

Polling day


Yesterday Malaysian's went out to vote. It was our 12th General Election. The street was lined with flags and posters. Compare to 4 years ago when I first casted my vote, this year the atmosphere at the pollng station was relatively calm. However the results were unlike we've ever seen before. It's like the tsunami. A calm or dry beach before the big waves come crushing down. As I'm writing this, the media is still debating and discussing about last night's polling result. For the first time in the country's history that the ruling party didn't get 2/3 of the parliamentary seats which of cos will definitely change a lot of decision making procedure.

A lot of people are anxious of what will happen next and how yesterday's polling result will affect our everyday lives. I woke up this morning feeling uneasy. Somehow I felt things would be different from now on and I'm not quite sure whether it's going to be good or bad.

Guess we have to wait and see ...

No comments: