Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Shoeaholic


I have a weakness for shoes. It runs in the family. My mother used to have dozens of shoes during her heyday. When I was very little about 6 years old, I used to wear her oversize shoes on my small feet and paraded around the house. Clip-clop, clip-clop I went. I stopped doing so in my teen years bcos my feet size becomes bigger than my mom’s. She has all kinds of shoes in techno colors to match her (again) dozen of handbags. And my mother loves high heels. That runs in her family!! Both my late aunties plus the ones whom are still around love their heels. I started wearing one when I was about 25 or so and don’t quite fancy it. But the older women in my side of the family can run all over Singapore town shopping - in high heels.

I bought another pair of shoes again yesterday. All in all for the pass two months of 2008 I’ve already bought 6 pairs. But as you can see, mine are not Jimmy Choos nor Manolo Blahniks. No don't worry, I'm way out from Carrie Bradshaw (Sex in the City) league. Mine are the non expensive ones. As long as it looks and feel good on my feet, I buy. But I don’t think I can buy expensive shoes for myself all the time. Most of my expensive possessions handbag or purse was bought by my husband bcos he knows I’m such a cheapskate –especially when it comes to buying stuffs for me self.

Since most of them are not costly shoes so I don’t feel that guilty in buying them. The only time I felt guilty is when I see them piling on top of each other bcos there isn’t much space in my house to store them and come to think of it, some shoes I only wore about 3 times before I completely forget about their existence. Okay now I feel guilty.

Of all the valuable traits in my mother’s gene, I inherit this. Why not the ability to cook? Or to decorate the house or even sewing? My mom is champion in all this. Yeah, how convenient to blame mother dearest for this, he! he!

And my mother loves perfume too. Unfortunately, so do I …

That will be in another confession.

No comments: