Tuesday, July 31, 2007

MyVi or Tambi vs Bumble Bee

The whole family went to see Transformers again. Except for Angah, yesterday was our second time. Still it was awesome to me. And this time I managed to understand the flow of the story much better. Since Danish (9 year old) is claiming that Optimus Prime is him so Danial (5 year old) is trying hard to tell me that the cute, yellow Bumble Bee is him. So when the character appeared, he quickly said ‘Mama that’s MyVi’. I quickly corrected him while trying so hard to suppress my laughter. But Danial kept forgetting the name that Angah kept teasing him with MyVi even when we are having our late lunch after the movie. Danial was very annoyed. And I added to his misery when I told him, if Bumble Bee is too hard to remember maybe we can change it to ‘tambi’ instead. Actually there is another joke associate with the word ‘tambi’ involving my youngest son.

We were at Jusco. Danish and Danial were entertaining themselves by playing ‘splinter cell’ a spy game which they love to play whenever we are out shopping. Suddenly Danial with a serious face came to look for his father and said ‘Pa those guys are bad’ while gesturing at 2-3 young Indian salesmen. Why, my husband asked. They kept saying bad words to me, exclaimed my 5 year old. Angah asked like what word? With a straight and serious face Danial answered ‘they keep saying to me tambi, tambi'. Both me and Angah were laughing so hard that we really confused the poor boy. Tambi is a tamil word for small brother but my son thought that the boys were trying to call him names.

So now again we are laughing our heads off. MyVi or Tambi as oppose to Bumble Bee. Even Danial was laughing too this time.

No comments: