Monday, April 28, 2008

Temporary bliss

There was a pay less book clearance on Sunday. I managed to persuade hubby to drive me there. He was quite reluctant bcos 1) I complained about headache earlier in the morning 2) he knows I would lose any sense of time and would take my own sweet time or worse, forever browsing through all the titles.

It wasn't until about 5pm he agreed to take me there after I convinced him that my head didn't hurt that much even though I felt as if I was on some kind of drug - a groggy feeling. But the moment I stepped into the room full of books, my head sort of cleared on its own and I was temporarily cured. I had about 75 minutes to browse through before they end the sale.

Needless to say, I am very please with my purchase as they were very, very cheap. No doubt these are old titles, but it doesn't really matter to me. As long as I got to read and own them. Books always have this good effect on me. Don't you just love the smell of books?

Okay, the internet link is acting up again so I better end this entry to ensure this get posted. Have a good week everyone.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Looks like some good reading ahead for you! Let me know how you liked them as you read ok? I am always looking for a new book to read :)

By the way, I was wondering...where are you and how many languages do you speak? You are very fluent in English...do you or have you ever lived in America? I hope this isn't an offensive question...I apologize if it is...I am just curious