Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Leaning Tower of Teluk Intan


If Italy has the Leaning Tower of Pisa, then Malaysia has the above. Teluk Intan is a town in the Perak state. Teluk Intan literally means Diamond Bay was formerly known as Teluk Anson. My husband was there last week so he took this pic.

Teluk Intan hold a specially memory for both me and hubby. We both came from the same science boarding school in Teluk Intan. For 5 years, the clock tower aka leaning tower became a common sight for us every time we went to the town during weekends. I never knew if there was anybody from my school who had gone up the tower, maybe there was, I don't know. But not me. I'm just too afraid that it will topple, whilst I'm climbing its stairs. Silly me.

Come Wednesday, the caretaker will wind up the clock's mechanism using a crank. The clock chimes twice every 15 minutes.

No comments: